Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Love takes time

Did I give you an ear worm?

Sometimes falling in love with something takes a while. I'd seen this bowl that my dad had for several years now. He tried to have me take it home with me, but I while I liked it well enough, I never thought I loved it. So, I always made the excuse that it'd be hard to take home on the plane. I said it might break, even though it was packaged in a padded box.

Well, as my sister and I went through Dad's junky basement this last visit, I saw the bowl again. This time, I decided to take it with me.

Fish is a common motif.

Sadly, I only recognize the words "fish" and "longevity." Not sure what the other words are. Do you know?

You can see the outside design from the inside!

I set up up on the bookcase behind my standing desk and I pick it up to marvel at its beauty daily...the art and calligraphy on it, the translucency of the porcelain...and I am glad that I finally fell in love with it and brought it home.

What about you? Have you ever resisted something and then finally falling for it after many years?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams