Monday, October 12, 2015

Is it too early for resolutions?

Maybe it's because I'm old(er), or maybe it's because it's close to the end of the year (with more downs than ups), but I'm already thinking about making resolutions.

For 2016, I vow not to take any more classes or workshops. I plan to limit myself to one conference only...one where I will meet up with some writing friends who live far from me so we can have our little annual social gathering.

I spent way too much on classes, workshops, and conferences this past year. I'd say that it was about a 30% yield on my investment, though I will admit that it was partly my fault.

Next year, I will just stay home and write, do art, and indulge in hobbies such as baking things like this:
I will get back to doing creative things because I love to do them, not because I want to be published or sell my art. I've put this out in a blog post because I want you all to hold me accountable. :)

Did you have a nice 2015 or are you also looking back with some regrets and have already started planning for a better 2016?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams